International Luxemburgist Forum - Foro Luxemburguista Internacional - Forum Luxemburgiste Intl

Forum for those in general agreement with the ideas of Rosa Luxemburg.
Foro para aquellos que tienen un acuerdo general con las ideas de Rosa Luxemburgo.
Forum pour ceux qui ont un accord général avec les idées de Rosa Luxembourg.

Translations

I forgot my password

Navigation

Latest topics

» Critique Sociale
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 am by Atreides

» QUÉ HACER ANTE UN CUERPO SOCIAL EN DESCOMPOSICIÓN
Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:35 am by francisc

» EL BREXIT EL AUTO GOLPE Y EL YIHADISMO
Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:25 am by francisc

» ¿PUCHERAZO?
Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:45 am by francisc

» 18 de Junio: MANIFESTACIÓN EN DEFENSA DE LO PÚBLICO
Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 am by luxemburguista

» Contre la "loi travail", passons à la vitesse supérieure !
Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:03 am by Atreides

» Reunion Publique du CCI
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:00 pm by rubion

» EL CONTEXTO PRESENTE Y FUTURO DE CATALUNYA DEBE DE BASARSE EN LOS CIUDADANOS Y NO EN PACTOS
Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:05 am by francisc

» LA ENCRUCIJADA SIRIA
Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 am by francisc

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 368 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:15 am

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4399 messages in 1407 subjects

We have 189 registered users

The newest registered user is sebastianIII

seeing the wood and the trees

lost

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2010-12-13

seeing the wood and the trees

Post  lost on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

the ,eadarticle in the latest issue of mass strike makes amongst many other good points,the point about generalised broad demands such as for"work for all" in the north afriucan struggles over the more defensive demand for "no cuts"in britain.the problem is not a simple matter of snappy words but it is a real issue.

the british con-dem government may not have been quite so physically brutal as the autocratic regimes in north africa but it does have a"slash and burn" approach to its cuts that is just as brutal in another sense.

this effectively means we have to defend everything but we ought to make an opportunity out of a neccessity.infighting against cuts we should articulate what we actually want and need-in demanding services that are worth defending.when i attended a meeting in my own comunity in defence of the local library aweek or so ago i had only a few moments during my spoken contributiion to make a number of points.

i did not have a chance to respond to the platforms focus on being realistic in reviewing the funding options consideredby thecouncil or i would have said,"be realistic-demand the impossible"because we really should not be hemmed in by the terms of debate in which the system is fixed and in which we should not be bound together with the capitalist system.we are only bound together as a working class which needs to realise itself as a self consciius class in and for and of itself.we have world to win.

apologists for the system might be cynical in "allowing"for some anger qand resistance to these swingeing plans but they must also be reflecting some anxiety.their arguments sound tired and cynical and grasp at anything in seeking to assuage argued or implied dissent.

part of the popularimage of britons or at least the english is that we are self deprecatring and don't tae ourselves seriously,buteven i don't appreciate the apologist who in discussing the recent u turn by the government not to sell publicly owned woodland said something like "whilst the north africans struggle over what is important the english are defending their trees".this just trivialises a struggle,in which a concession by government about trees is a concession at a weak point for them which they are might see as a way of fobbing us off.

its not that simple.the apologist probably doe not need anything he is happy to see cut.we should not accept the trivialisation or cuts in anything.

if we have to make cuts lets start with the privelges of those who thgink they rule over us."away with all pests"

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:03 pm